Chaosity Isle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fall. . .

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A fall. . . Empty A fall. . .

Post  Devin Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:40 am

Devin was creeping around the rim of a pool of water, a silent, black mirror of the late night sky, hundreds of stars sparkling Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven over the glass-smooth waters. Despite of that, a small, equally clear and reflective waterfall fell a clean ten feet into the water, eerily staying still when it fell into the water. Devin's breath turned to mist as he breathed. He only had his Towerwood dagger on his belt, no ot her of his relics nearby. His golden-rimmed, hazel eyes bored into the pond. He was waiting. . .not really for anything, waiting for someone, something, or just for the Dawn. Just waiting.
Devin
Devin
Admin

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Location: Trying to hook up with Lily, Freaking random people out. . .obsessing over how his hair won't go straight. . .

Back to top Go down

A fall. . . Empty Re: A fall. . .

Post  Lily Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:54 am

Lily was exploring as she always does, even though it was quite dark outside. For some reason, taking walks at night always felt refreshing to her. She stopped walking when she noticed Devin about 10 feet away. "Devin?" she said just loud enough for him to hear.
Lily
Lily
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:00 am

Devin slowly turned his head so that he was staring at Lily, his eyes glazed over like a student being pulled from an important test he'd been working on for the past three hours. The glazed look cracked like glaze under a hammer after a few seconds, and so did his expression. He smiled wolfishy. "Hey Lily. . .what brings you around here? He asks softly.
Devin
Devin
Admin

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Location: Trying to hook up with Lily, Freaking random people out. . .obsessing over how his hair won't go straight. . .

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:03 am

Lily looked up at the sky, and didn't say anything for a few seconds. "I'm just...on a walk...I enjoy walking at night for some reason," she replied. "What about you?"
Lily
Lily
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:09 am

Devin's smile falters very slightly. "I don't sleep well. And I like the Dark." He moistened the corners of his lips. "Night does seem. . .fresher. . .doesn't it?" He asked, semi-rhetorically. He pushed himself to his feet with his hands, frost, formed around the lips of the pond, cracked on the grass as he stood. "So, you're not avoiding me after all the creepy things you've seen me do?"
Devin
Devin
Admin

Character Sheet
Inventory:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:18 am

Lily shook her head quickly, looking down. "The 'creepy,'" she said "creepy" the way she would if she were using air-quotes, "things that you do don't have an effect on how-" much I like you, she was going to say, but decided it would be better not to...
Lily
Lily
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:26 am

Devin grins as happily as an eight-year-old child who got the exact present he wanted for Christmas, just as if he knew what she was going to say. "You haven't seen the half of it, but I believe you." He added a wink Wink "Don't worry, it's the same here." He hinted. "I won't show you any of the really creepy things though."
Devin
Devin
Admin

Character Sheet
Inventory:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:35 am

"I'm sure if you showed me the really creepy things, it still wouldn't change anything." Lily smiled and walked a little closer to Devin.
Lily
Lily
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:38 am

Devin smirked, his nearly topaz eyes shining, "Yeah, well, you've never seen me spit fire or juggle knives. And those are circus tricks." He said, then giggle-laughs. "Well then, how are you?"
Devin
Devin
Admin

Character Sheet
Inventory:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:43 am

Lily giggled a little, and thought about Devin's question. "I'm alright...I think...I don't know." She looked a different direction with a blank expression on her face.
Lily
Lily
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:49 am

Devin takes a few steps closer, then flops onto the fresh, green, crisp grass by Lily, a few feet away. "It's okay, I understand." He sat there in silence for a few seconds before asking, "Strange place, isn't it? A lot of things you don't understand happen here. . ."
Devin
Devin
Admin

Character Sheet
Inventory:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:07 am

"Yeah...very strange..." Lily laid down in the grass right next to Ben. "I like it though..." One of the main reasons being that Devin was here too...after all, he was the first person that she met here.
Lily
Lily
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:11 am

Devin started to laugh again, though this time it was silently. "I like it too." He looked at Lily when he said that, beaming. "Sometimes you have to have the weirdest things to find the best of them. And the worst." He added the last three words a bit more quietly.
Devin
Devin
Admin

Character Sheet
Inventory:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:17 am

"Yeah..." Lily was out of things to say, so she just turned her head to look at Devin, and tried to think of something to say. "Soo...umm...what do you look for in girls?"
Lily
Lily
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:25 am

Devin tried to ignore the warm blush that rushed into his head. He gulped noiselessly before answering. "What's there to see, of course. However, since I doubt that's the answer you wanted. . .one, someone with a love of abnormal. Two, someone who likes adventures, and who likes to think outside the box. Third, somebody who thinks my eccentric behavior is acceptable. Last, of course, somebody with a strong stomach." He winked, then went into a fit of giggle-laughing, though slightly hysterical because of his blush.
Devin
Devin
Admin

Character Sheet
Inventory:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:32 am

Lily giggled and thought about the things Devin had just said, trying to match it up with her somehow. "Interesting," she said, trying not to be too obvious, as she had before, "since most guys just say something like 'smart, pretty, funny and nice.'"
Lily
Lily
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:36 am

"Well, how many boys speak with the vocabulary compitence of an adult, and how many live on a magic island while being a treasure hunter?" He grinned. Then he removed a scroll from his back pocket, and then handed it to Lily.

"gιяℓs αяє ℓιkє αρρℓєs ση тяєєs. тнє вєsт σηєs αяє αт тнє тσρ σƒ тнє тяєє тнє вσys ∂σηт ωαηт тσ яєα¢н ƒσя тнє gσσ∂ σηєs вє¢αυsє тнєy αяє αƒяαι∂ σƒ ƒαιℓιηg αη∂ gєттιηg нυят. ιηsтєα∂, тнєy jυsт gєт тнє яσттєη αρρℓєs ƒяσм тнє gяσυη∂ тнαт αяєηт αs gσσ∂, вυт єαsy. sσ тнє αρρℓєs αт тнє тσρ тнιηk -sσмєтнιηg ιs ωяσηg ωιтн тнєм, ωнєη ιη яєαℓιтy, тнєy'яє αмαzιηg. тнєy jυsт нαvє тσ ωαιт ƒσя тнє яιgнт вσy тσ ¢σмє αℓσηg, тнє σηє ωнσ's вяαvє єησυgн тσ ¢ℓιмв αℓℓ тнє ωαy тσ тнє тσρ σƒ тнє тяєє"
Devin
Devin
Admin

Character Sheet
Inventory:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:39 am

"Good point," she laughed, "but seriously, they could be a little bit more creative..." Lily took the scroll from Devin and read it. "That's..so true. Very profound. Where did you get this?"
Lily
Lily
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:42 am

"Uhh" Devin scratches his head with a finger. "Admittedly, I stole that one from the internet." He grins crazily. "Well, maybe if they were a bit more creative, it would be hard to seperate the hard workers from the easy-goers." He said softly.
Devin
Devin
Admin

Character Sheet
Inventory:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:55 am

"And yet another good point," she said. "The internet, nice...very nice," Lily said, and then winked. "Sooo..."
Lily
Lily
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:11 am

Devin sighed, neither contently nor discontently, purely neutral. He layed on his back to stare up at the stars. Wasn't that a normal teenage thing to do? Wasn't it? Devin's eyes strayed back over to Lily, then he asked, "So you really don't think I'm creepy?"
Devin
Devin
Admin

Character Sheet
Inventory:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:13 am

Lily shook her head slowly. "I don't think you're creepy. In fact..." she took a deep breath, getting ready to say it, "I really like you..."
Lily
Lily
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:19 am

Devin had to crack a grin at that, no matter how much he was blushing. He just wasn't going to stop grinning. "Well, that's just fine, because I really like you too, Lily." And even then, he had to make a joke, "But I must say, you're incredibly creepy if you don't think I am so."
Devin
Devin
Admin

Character Sheet
Inventory:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:27 am

Lily laughed once. "Thanks...I needed that," she said sarcastically. "But you really do? That's...new for me I guess..."
Lily
Lily
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:37 am

"Any time," He said, adding a wink in on the end to it. Wink "But yes, I really do. Here's one of the creepy things about me. I can hear what people are thinking, if they're near me, if I concentrate on them, and if they're concentrating on what they're thinking." He wondered if this would be enough to push her over the edge and find him creepy at least. "So, it was a bit difficult to not like you after talking to you, and seeing a few glimpses of what you were thinking." He smiled sweetly and innoecently up at her, since she was just sitting down while he was laying down.
Devin
Devin
Admin

Character Sheet
Inventory:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next