Chaosity Isle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doing something different

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Doing something different Empty Doing something different

Post  Devin Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:54 pm

Unlike usual, Devin in the center of the island, in a dark cave, writing on partchment with a quil, in apparently a hide-out sort of study room, with many candles. He was writing poetry on a particularly nice piece of partchment labeled "Lovesick"

Love so Serene, is Forever Forsaken
With Love, Serenity is never Forgotten, Forever Forsaken
Love so sweet is always seen, so Serene, Forever Forsaken
But when a Cinderella needs her prince, Love so sweet, So Serene, is Never Forsaken. . .
Devin
Devin
Admin

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Location: Trying to hook up with Lily, Freaking random people out. . .obsessing over how his hair won't go straight. . .

Back to top Go down

Doing something different Empty Re: Doing something different

Post  Lily Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:19 pm

Lily was exploring the island, when she saw a boy...in a cave. She walked up to him quietly and slowly, and built up her courage just to say a few words. "Hey, I'm Lily."
Lily
Lily
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:22 pm

"Devin" He replied, looking up after a small pause in his writing to look at her with glazed eyes, starting to crack away the hazy look like a shattering iceburg as he looked at her for about half a second. "New here?" He asked inquisitively.
Devin
Devin
Admin

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Location: Trying to hook up with Lily, Freaking random people out. . .obsessing over how his hair won't go straight. . .

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:46 pm

"Yeah..." She said, then looked a different direction, her mouth tightening on one side. Lily looked down at the paper next to Devin. "What are you writing?"
Lily
Lily
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:48 pm

Devin looked down at the partchment. Then back up. "Just a short poem. . .love poem." He added the last two words quietly, a bit embarassed.
Devin
Devin
Admin

Character Sheet
Inventory:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:50 pm

Lily giggled a little. "Do you have a girlfriend or something?" She looked down after asking this, it was a bit odd asking such a question since they had just met...
Lily
Lily
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:53 pm

Devin grins, if he's embarassed he grins. Also if he does if he has a guilty consience. "Not at all. I simply. . .read more then most. I sort of fancy romance novels. . .and I've seen many couples in love enough to write poems." Devin blinks at his sudden flood of information. Since when does he tell people that? "Sounds sort of weird from a 14 year old, doesn't it?"
Devin
Devin
Admin

Character Sheet
Inventory:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:56 pm

"It doesn't sound weird...actually...it's kinda cute..." Lily blushes and giggles quietly. "I like romance novels too..."
Lily
Lily
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:59 pm

Devin thinks of his own joke, almost saying "Codak moment" aloud, but then that would be like saying "She's pretty" even if only to himself. He always used to say Codak moment when a pretty girl or woman blushed. "They're... Different. Do you want to read it? The poem, I mean."
Devin
Devin
Admin

Character Sheet
Inventory:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:05 pm

"Sure," Lily said, then walked a little closer to Devin, pulling her hair back into a ponytail. For some reason, she always did this when she was about to read something that she knew would get her attention. (Hehe, yeah)

Last edited by Lily on Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lily
Lily
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:09 pm

Devin blew over the drying ink for a second, encrusting it onto the surface of the stretched goat skin. Once he was sure it was sufficently hardened (Taking about three seconds) he picked it up with some care, it could still run if you weren't careful, and handed it, straight lettered, towards Lily. "Try not to laugh, I write from the heart, and the heart and the mind sometimes can be confusing Wink" (Double Meaning much. . .?)
Devin
Devin
Admin

Character Sheet
Inventory:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:14 pm

Lily takes the poem and reads it slowly, and once she is finished hands it back to Devin. "Wow...that's...beautiful. You write...really well."
Lily
Lily
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:28 pm

"Ah, well, Devin means poet" He said with a wink Wink Then he scratches his head. "Well, that's my most recent one, though I write about one poem a week. I also write stories, philisophical phrases. . .and you get the picture. I'm not much of a people person, so I like to immerse myself in the world of ink, whether I'm writing or reading." He smiles at Lily again. Then he changes the subject away from him. "What about you? What brings you to Chaosity?"
Devin
Devin
Admin

Character Sheet
Inventory:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:45 pm

Lily's smile flattens out, making her expression more serious. "It's um...a long story...but...I can tell you." Lily straightens out, getting ready to tell her story. "So when I was little...I lived with my family, of course. And we had money...more than enough. My best friend, Erica, was the total opposite. Her family had hardly enough to get by, and she was...abused by her father..." Lily chokes back tears and keeps going. "Since Erica and I always did everything together, I would go along with anything. I'm pretty sure that if she jumped off a bridge...I would too, and vise versa. She finally decided that it would be best to run away. And of course, I went along with her...we heard about Chaosity Isle from some people at school...so we were coming here...and a few days into our trip, I...lost her...she was gone...but I continued...and here I am..." She finally finishes, and begins to cry.
Lily
Lily
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:13 am

Devin, having thoroughly regretting having asked, instinctively lurched over to Lily, and hugs her. He hadn't hugged anyone in years, but he just did. "I'm sorry I asked. . ." His arms loosened when he thought about what he was doing, though he didn't let go. But he made the problem, he needed to find a way to fix it. "Might not be the right thing to say, but I believe I can find her." Devin, shut up. You can't tell anyone about the map! "I. . .can find people, easier than most. . .If you didn't know, Chaosity has many strange things about it." Devin, shut up. Now. "And I have a relic, and I can find anyplace or anyone. . .as long as their alive" he added the last part bitterly to himself. And his inner self kept screaming at him, but he ignored it. "It may sound like a hoax, but I'll find her, if you want me to." And even if you don't, he added to himself silently, his inner self now being the one to put a cork in it.
Devin
Devin
Admin

Character Sheet
Inventory:

Back to top Go down

Post  seek d. Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:32 am

seek's sixth sense was annoying him. he had seen so many spirits this morning that he blindfolded himself again. but... his parents dying wish was for him to embrace it... so he followed the odd orb of light that constantly darted this way and that, speaking to him in his mind. he stopped as the spirit halted in front of a cave, then disappeared. "huh? why did it...!" seek covered his mouth and hid behind a rock, for he saw devin and a girl in the cave....
seek d.
seek d.
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:59 pm

Lily hugged Devin. "No it's okay...I kind of get used to telling it...but I never get over it..." She said, still crying. "I've heard about this place...and how magical it is...but I think...I think Erica is dead...she wouldn't just disappear like that...unless..." Lily cut off there, deciding it would be better to leave out the next part. "...and even if she was alive, it would take forever to find her. It's been about a year...she would've found me by now."
Lily
Lily
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  seek d. Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:56 pm

seek thought "erica..... hmm..... i think i may have seen her here before...." seek backed up and ran silently into the forest that led to his gloomy old manor. being the last drakeheart sucks.
seek d.
seek d.
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:51 pm

Devin had spotted Seek as soon as he was in range of vision, things didn't pass by his eyes easily. "A year. . .well. . .this place is certainly magical. People get lost on their way rather often. It's part of the magic of the island, it finds people. . .if they should or shouldn't come here. If it's important to the island, things like that happen." Devin didn't say how he knew this, he just did. "We'll have to see. . ." He whispers. He was going to see or not. . .if Erica was still Erica, or just plain out alive, that is.
Devin
Devin
Admin

Character Sheet
Inventory:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:55 pm

"Oh..." Lily looked at the ground, out of things to say, but soon after looked up at Devin. Even though she hadn't known him for more than 10 minutes, she somehow felt drawn to him.
Lily
Lily
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  seek d. Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:58 pm

as seek was running, he felt like he was being watched. he turned his head back to see devin staring at him"oh crap! okay, i have to do this, island, concealment!" the snow picked up untill seek was no longer visible to devin "there are some things i like about this island!"
seek d.
seek d.
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:01 pm

Devin rolled his eyes as they continued to penatrate the strangely grey-ish snow. But his head went back to Lily, and he let go of her. He was Embarassed that he had hugged her, even if he had the excuse of instinct. He stared at the ground for a few seconds, the blush draining, before he looked up. "So, shall I show you part of the true magic of this place?"
Devin
Devin
Admin

Character Sheet
Inventory:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:06 pm

Lily noticed Devin's blush and grinned. Usually hugging somebody she didn't know would be odd, but it didn't feel that way with Devin. "Sure," Lily said, and then smiled.
Lily
Lily
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:10 pm

His smile was quick to return, and he took two steps backwards into his study of a cave. He took a scroll of partchment from his belt, and laid it down upon a flat rock. A candle was on a stone shelf by it. Taking a quil of crow feathers, he dipped it in ink, and offered it towards her. "Write you name on it."
Devin
Devin
Admin

Character Sheet
Inventory:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:19 pm

Lily had a puzzled look on her face, and was a bit confused, but she decided to go along with it. "Um...okay..." She took the pen from Devin gently and wrote her name on the parchment.
Lily
Lily
Resident

Character Sheet
Inventory:
Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: